Pulp, Hot Chip, Warpaint and Grimes will headline the first Coachella Cruise when it sets off on its maiden voyage in December.
Organisers of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival will launch a luxury liner called S.S. Coachella for a journey through the Bahamas and Jamaica between December 16th-19th, with Pulp, Hot Chip, Warpaint and Grimes leading a line-up which also includes the likes of Yeasayer, Black Lips and Cloud Nothings. Prices start at $500.
Yeasayer manager Jason Foster has admitted to the LA Times the cruise doesn’t amount to the ‘most puck rock’ thing a band could choose to do, but does offer them the opportunity of doing something different for their fans.
“It probably seems a little posh, and it’s not the most punk rock thing you could probably do,” he said. “This is a chance to play someplace we’ve never been. We’ve never tasted cruise ship food, and we’ve never played shuffleboard with our fans.”
Organisers are promising a series of activities during the cruise, which apparently include DJ tutorials and wine tastings hosted by LCD Soundsystem‘s James Murphy.
S.S. Coachella line-up:
James Murphy (DJ Set
Simian Mobile Disco
The Gaslamp Killer
The Rapture (DJ Set)
Father John Misty
- Song by The Fall deemed not suitable for Twilight soundtrack
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman