The festival will run from October 26th-28th at City Park in New Orleans, and will feature performances from a typically eclectic array of musicians which this year includes Green Day, Skrillex, Bootsy Collins, Toots and the Maytals, the Avett Brothers and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band.
Neil Young will perform with Crazy Horse following the release of ‘Americana‘ earlier this year, while Jack White will be showcasing tracks from his trans-Atlantic number one debut solo album ‘Blunderbuss‘.
The Voodoo Music Festival and Arts Experience was initiated in 1999 when Wyclef Jean and Fugees headlined, and expanded to a three-day event in 2007. Last year, Soundgarden, Blink-182 and The Raconteurs topped the event’s main Voodoo stage, while the likes of Band Of Horses, TV On The Radio, Mastodon, My Chemical Romance and Boots Electric also performed across the three days.Just Published:
- Song by The Fall deemed not suitable for Twilight soundtrack
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman