Cornell landed the prestigious gig in 2007 when he recorded the theme for that year’s Bond film Casino Royale, and has now lent his support to Adele for the latest installment Skyfall.
“Adele would be the perfect choice, I can’t think of a better one,” he told Capital FM. “She’s phenomenal and it’s nice, in a day and age where so many vocals are fixed by computers, that the biggest album of last year was somebody who sings for real.”
“I would hate to see music become more mechanistic and less human, so her success has been great.”
Meanwhile, Soundgarden debuted the video for their track ‘Live To Rise‘ last month, the first taste of new material from the band since Cornell announced their return in January 2010. The track will form a part of the soundtrack to the 2012 Avengers movie.
The reunited group will top the bill on the opening night of this year’s Hard Rock Calling event in Hyde Park on June 13th, appearing along side fellow headliners Bruce Springsteen and Paul Simon.
- Ride's Mark Gardener and Andy Bell sign up for intimate War Child gig
- The Wombats return with new album, European tour
- The Jesus & Mary Chain take 'Pyschocandy' celebrations to Bilbao BBK Live
- Florence & The Machine, Alt-J confirm for next year's Flow Festival
- Brandon Flowers aiming for 'change' on second solo album