Radiohead are planning their own party to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, according to BBC 6Music host Steve Lamacq.
The Oxford band are in the US to support the 2011 album ‘The King Of Limbs‘, and 6Music DJ Lamacq has claimed their head of security Colin has, ‘…packed numerous Union Jack and Jubilee tableware’ and is ‘…planning a Jubilee party in Washington DC at the weekend’ as the Queen gets ready to celebrate 60 years on throne back in Britain next week.
Meanwhile, Radiohead’s world tour will arrive in the UK this autumn, when they play their first UK headline dates for over three years. The first will arrive at Manchester’s Evening News Arena on October 6th, with two dates at the O2 Arena in London following on October 8th and 9th.
In addition, a series of festival appearances are also due, including scheduled stops at the Fuji Rock and Bilbao BBK Live events.Just Published:
- Song by The Fall deemed not suitable for Twilight soundtrack
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman