Back in the Nineties he was more used to partying with the Primrose Hill Set at the Met Bar, but now Blur bass player Alex James leads a much quieter existence, and saves his nights out for dinner with royalty at Buckingham Palace.
According to The Telegraph, the Duke of York recently hosted a typically lavish ‘thank-you’ banquet at Buckingham Palace on behalf of Goldsmiths College, who counted Princess Beatrice as one of its graduates last summer, and James was in attendance as a former student of the college.
“I got to go to the palace and see Beatrice, which was brilliant,” James is quoted as saying. “It was a great night – a lot of fun and good food. I feel really connected with the university still.”
James will re-connect with his rock n roll self this summer when Blur headline a Hype Park concert being held to celebrate the end of the London Olympics. They will warm-up for the show with four low-key UK gigs in August.Just Published:
- Song by The Fall deemed not suitable for Twilight soundtrack
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman