Public Image Ltd. have confirmed the details of a new EP – their first new material for two decades.
The ‘One Drop EP‘ will be released on April 21st as part of this year’s Record Store Day celebrations, and is to be followed on May 28th by the comeback album ‘This Is PiL‘. The EP will comprise four songs recorded last year in Steve Winwood‘s Cotswolds studio, led by the title track.
“‘One Drop’ is a reflection of where I grew up in Finsbury Park, London,” frontman John Lydon has commented. “The area that shaped me, and influenced me culturally and musically, a place I will forever feel connected to.”
“But within this I am also saying it doesn’t matter where you come from, we all go through the same emotions especially the disenchanted youth of today, yesterday and the future. Bearing in mind the Olympics are in London this year and who knows what that could bring for London and our country.”
1. ‘One Drop’
2. ‘I Must Be Dreaming’
3. ‘The Room I Am In’
4. ‘Lollipop Opera’
- Song by The Fall deemed not suitable for Twilight soundtrack
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman