Keane‘s 2012 comeback has moved up another gear today with the announcement of a UK tour to commence in May.
Last month, the band confirmed work on their new album had been completed, and in doing so unveiled details of a low key gig to take place in East Sussex on March 9th.
“To celebrate finishing their new album, Keane have decided to play a special show at a venue close to the band’s heart: the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex,” a statement read. “The show is on Friday, 9th March 2012 and the band will unveil several brand new songs (alongside some old favourites).”
And now Keane have released a series of more high profile live dates, which will begin at the Newcastle Academy on May 23rd. Shows in cities including Glasgow and Leeds will take the tour into June, with a final date booked at the Brixton Academy on the 6th.
O2 Academy Newcastle (23)
O2 Academy Glasgow (24)
O2 Academy Birmingham (25)
O2 Academy Leeds (29)
O2 Apollo Manchester (3)
Folkestone Leas Cliff Hall (4)
O2 Academy Bristol (5)
Leicester De Montfort Hall (6)
O2 Academy Brixton (8)
- Channel 4 planning two new live music shows
- 'Made Of Stone' director Shane Meadows praises Stone Roses inspiration
- Christopher Lee celebrates 91st birthday with heavy metal album
- Tame Impala shunning 'unexciting' albums for new ways to release music
- Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi explains Bill Ward's departure