After waiting three years for the follow up to 2008 debut ‘For Emma, Forever Ago‘, Bon Iver fans could be in for another long vigil after the band’s principal member Justin Vernon revealed he doesn’t have any songs written for a new album.
Speaking to USA Today, Vernon revealed ‘it could be five years’ before their next record as he also looks to concentrate on his various side-projects including Shouting Matches and Volcano Choir.
“I don’t have any songs written yet,” he explained. “I’m guessing three years. But it could be five. It could be only one more. It just depends when the songs come about. I sort of have to wait till they reveal themselves.”
Bon Iver’s self-titled second album was released in June last year, and became one of 2011′s best received records. It peaked at #2 on the UK Album chart, and has landed Bon Iver Brit Award nominations in the Best Newcomer and Best International Male categories.Just Published:
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman
- The Psychedelic Furs announce summer North American tour
- Video: Beck gives live debut to 'Song Reader' tracks