The Maccabees have today given fans the first taste of their new album ‘Given To The Wild‘, releasing the audio for ‘Pelican‘ to the online world which can be listened to here.
‘Given To The Wild’ is to be released this coming January, and was recorded at Rockfield Studios with Massive Attack cohorts Tim Goldsworthy and Bruno Ellingham. Speaking earlier this month, guitarist Felix White stated his belief that The Maccabees’ new record will for the first time showcase the band’s core sound:
“We’ve grown up as people and changed as a band,” he said. “We’ve learned for the first time what we really wanted The Maccabees to sound like on record It’s taken us three albums but we finally achieved that. We’ve discovered what we’re truly capable of and that feels really exciting.”
In support of ‘Given To The Wild’, The Maccabees will hit the road in the UK. Beginning in Glasgow on January 23rd, four gigs will follow with a final show arriving at the Manchester Ritz on January 28th.Just Published:
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman
- The Psychedelic Furs announce summer North American tour