Beginning on Monday, November 21st Zane Lowe will play the albums in their entirety, without interruption, while also interviewing both those involved in the making of, and inspired by, the legendary records.
Smashing Pumpkins’ ‘Siamese Dreams‘ will kick the new season off, followed by Dizzee Rascal‘s 2003 Mercury-winning debut ‘Boy In Da Corner‘. Amy Winehouse’s second, and ultimiately final release ‘Back In Black‘ will be under the microscope on the 23rd, with Oasis’ classic first LP ‘Definitely Maybe‘ bringing the run of Masterpiece shows to an end on November 24th.
Zane Lowe has said the four albums picked “hold a special place in the record collections of many, whilst at the same time influencing on many of today’s most successful and brilliant artists.”
Previously, albums from the likes of Arctic Monkeys, Public Enemy, The White Stripes and The Smiths have featured on the show.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide feat. F A N S, Ball Park Music and more
- Arctic Monkeys have independent record shops' biggest selling album of past year
- Beck planning second album release this year
- Video: Parquet Courts, and their pet cat, premiere 'Sunbathing Animal'
- Nirvana approached PJ Harvey to perform at Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame ceremony