Entitled ‘Old Ideas‘, the record will be released on January 31st 2012 in the US, with a UK release expected to come a day earlier, and will contain 10 previously unreleased tracks. A first taster from the album is likely to arrive within the next few days, when ‘Show Me The Place‘ is streamed online.
A press release describes the album as being a typically emotionally charged, ambitious affair, saying it will “…poetically address some of the most profound quandaries of human existence – the relationship to a transcendent being, love, sexuality, loss and death.”
Just last month, Leonard Cohen’s son Adam confirmed the new album was imminent, telling the BBC: “I was asked in some consultant capacity on a few occasions and I’m very happy to listen to what’s being created and be asked for my opinions.”
‘Old Ideas’ tracklist:
‘Show Me the Place’
‘Crazy To Love You’
- The Temper Trap 'reaching the end' of recording their third album
- Black Grape announce full UK reunion tour
- Line-up for BBC Introducing Stage at Radio 1's Big Weekend revealed
- The Charlatans and Ronan Keating involved in argument at music industry event
- The Chemical Brothers announce new album 'Born In The Echoes'