Entitled ‘Old Ideas‘, the record will be released on January 31st 2012 in the US, with a UK release expected to come a day earlier, and will contain 10 previously unreleased tracks. A first taster from the album is likely to arrive within the next few days, when ‘Show Me The Place‘ is streamed online.
A press release describes the album as being a typically emotionally charged, ambitious affair, saying it will “…poetically address some of the most profound quandaries of human existence – the relationship to a transcendent being, love, sexuality, loss and death.”
Just last month, Leonard Cohen’s son Adam confirmed the new album was imminent, telling the BBC: “I was asked in some consultant capacity on a few occasions and I’m very happy to listen to what’s being created and be asked for my opinions.”
‘Old Ideas’ tracklist:
‘Show Me the Place’
‘Crazy To Love You’
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide feat. Soak, Tequila For Breakfast and more
- Manchester Orchestra announce 'Cope' follow-up LP
- Julian Casablancas on The Strokes' live plans: Touring is 'a great way to destroy a band'
- The Subways unveil self-titled new album, 2015 tour dates
- Queen to release new album with unheard Freddie Mercury songs