Ash could be ready to work on a new album after frontman Tim Wheeler admitted it remains ‘the best medium’ for releasing music.
Following 2007’s ‘Twilight Of The Innocents‘, Ash declared their intention to concentrate solely on singles in the future, saying they had no plans to work on another full length LP.
However, when speaking to BBC 6Music, Wheeler has hinted their experiences with the innovative ‘A-Z’ series of single releases since 2009 has turned them back on to the idea of working on a more traditional recording process.
“I think the album is probably still the best medium because in a way it’s almost the most economic one when there’s so little money coming in to make music,” he explained. “This probably offers the best way of doing it because you don’t have to market it for very long whereas a year of doing a singles campaign is quite challenging.”
In addition, Tim Wheeler confirmed plans to release the festive album ‘This Is Christmas‘ with his girlfriend Emmy The Great next month.
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra return to 'Multi-Love' with video for ‘Ur Life One Night’
- Foals get interactive on video for 'Mountain At My Gates'
- Craig Finn of The Hold Steady shares 'Maggie I've Been Searching For Our Son'
- Review: Teenage Time Killers - 'Greatest Hits Vol. 1'
- Gaz Coombes announces 'Matador (Da Capo)' EP