One of the very few Nirvana concerts shot for film, the gig was recorded in the band’s hometown Seattle. It is to be streamed on Nirvana’s YouTube channel via this link.
The Seattle show’s airing is the latest in a series of events surrounding ‘Nevermind’s 20th year. This week, a re-mastered, expanded edition of the album, featuring a selection of rarities and alternate takes, was released, while former bass player Krist Novoselic recently performed the LP in its entirety, again in Seattle.
In addition, a London exhibition showcasing photos, memorabilia and artifacts were made available to the public.
In our retrospective look back at ‘Nevermind’, the Live4ever Ezine told how the seminal LP “…unexpectedly came to define a generation of disaffected youth,” and how it was “…responsible for bringing alternative rock crashing into the mainstream.”
The full feature can be read here.
- James Blake, Jon Hopkins on the bill for Manchester's Warehouse Project
- Jack White, Neil Young top Farm Aid 2014 line-up
- Paul Weller to release 'Classic Album Selection Vol. 1' box-set
- Ed Sheeran set for another week at number one on UK Album Chart
- Bloc Party's Kele Okereke announces second solo album 'Trick'