One of the very few Nirvana concerts shot for film, the gig was recorded in the band’s hometown Seattle. It is to be streamed on Nirvana’s YouTube channel via this link.
The Seattle show’s airing is the latest in a series of events surrounding ‘Nevermind’s 20th year. This week, a re-mastered, expanded edition of the album, featuring a selection of rarities and alternate takes, was released, while former bass player Krist Novoselic recently performed the LP in its entirety, again in Seattle.
In addition, a London exhibition showcasing photos, memorabilia and artifacts were made available to the public.
In our retrospective look back at ‘Nevermind’, the Live4ever Ezine told how the seminal LP “…unexpectedly came to define a generation of disaffected youth,” and how it was “…responsible for bringing alternative rock crashing into the mainstream.”
The full feature can be read here.
- Kaiser Chiefs frontman Ricky Wilson to front new music quiz show
- Jason Lytle reveals Grandaddy are recording a new album
- Foals' Yannis Philippakis unimpressed with bands who resent touring
- Motorhead to return when Lemmy is 'properly rested' after more gig cancellations
- Tame Impala lead UK's first ever Prog Album Chart