No Doubt’s front-girl and pop super star Gwen Stefani joined Prince on stage at his LA Forum appearance last Saturday night. The two rocked the arena with a great rendition of “So Far, So Pleased” from his 1999 album Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic. The Forum gig was part of a 21 day run in Los Angeles and part of the Welcome 2 America tour.
Prince’s LA engagement ends on May 7th but Billboard reports that nobody exactly knows where the tour will continue next.
“He has not discussed anything beyond L.A., and L.A. was decided literally as the trucks were leaving the Carolinas (in March),” a promoter for Live Nation working on the tour said. “The drivers needed to know what direction to go and Prince said, ‘head west.’ By the time they were halfway across the country, they were told to go to Los Angeles… Spontaneity is in play on all levels. We’re all waiting with bated breath as to where he’s going after Los Angeles.”
- James will headline Bingley Music Live in September
- Other Lives to support new album with North American tour
- Darlia announce May headline UK gigs after Wombats support
- Laura Marling 'questioned her future in music' after 'Once I Was An Eagle'
- David Gilmour to play European shows in support of new solo album