Vannucci told the radio station he chose to record his first solo album in the UK so he could be surrounded by the people he ‘trusts the most’.
“The people I trust the most with music, some of those people are here,” he said. “From the very first moment we were here it solidified a bond that’s undeniable. It’s familiar now, it’s comforting. I felt a connection here personally and I feel most at home.”
Later, Vannucci also suggested The Killers may follow their scheduled appearance at this year’s Lollapalooza festival with more one-off shows, but was also quick to warn fans that any new material from the band is still ‘a way off’.
With The Killers announcing a break from music early last year, Brandon Flowers released his own debut solo record, ‘Flamingo‘, in September 2010, an album which he claimed at the time featured primarily material originally intended for a new Killers LP.
- Live4ever's New Tunes Guide: Highlights The Dead Heavys
- The Temper Trap 'reaching the end' of recording their third album
- Black Grape announce full UK reunion tour
- Line-up for BBC Introducing Stage at Radio 1's Big Weekend revealed
- The Charlatans and Ronan Keating involved in argument at music industry event