As the merits of new Radiohead album ‘The King Of Limbs‘ continues to be fiercely debated amongst fans and critics alike, one man happy to give his own uniquely blunt opinion on the record is Beady Eye frontman Liam Gallagher, himself the proprietor of an equally column-grabbing new LP.
With Beady Eye in full promotion mode thanks to the release of debut album ‘Different Gear, Still Speeding‘, Gallagher mocked the inspiration behind the first promo issued from Radiohead’s new album during an interview with The Quietus.
“I like to think that what we do, we do fucking well,” he said. “Them writing a song about a fucking tree? Give me a fucking break! A thousand year old tree? Go fuck yourself! You’d have thought he’d have written a song about a modern tree or one that was planted last week. You know what I mean?”
Meanwhile, high profile new releases from Beady Eye and recent Brits winner Jessie J look like they will have to settle for top 5 positions on the UK Album chart this weekend as Adele appears set for a second week at the summit of both the Album and Singles chart according to new midweek figures.
- Tame Impala's 'Currents' tops UK Record Store Chart
- Northcote stream title-track from new album 'Hope Is Made Of Steel'
- The Maccabees share 'Spit It Out' just before 'Marks To Prove It' release
- Frank Turner streams 'Mittens' from upcoming album 'Positive Songs For Negative People'
- New Order unveil first track from new album 'Music Complete'