The Horrors look to be ready to follow up the Mercury-nominated ‘Primary Colours‘ this summer after frontman Faris Badwan appeared to reveal the month of the album’s release on his band’s official website.
Badwan broke the news in a bit to allay fans’ fears that the recent launch of his new band Cat’s Eyes would push The Horrors down his list of priorities by responding ‘JULY’ to a post on the website’s forum entitled ‘Album Delayed’.
In 2009, The Horrors threw off the shackles of their early material to dramatic effect with the release of ‘Primary Colours‘ in the May of that year. By the end of 2009, the album had been shortlisted for the Mercury Music prize and was named Album of the Year by NME.
The Horrors have also recently announced two festival appearances this summer. As well as a spot at London’s Field Day festival in August, the group will also perform at the Wireless festival in July.
- Weekly News Round-Up: Paul McCartney, Alt-J, Royal Blood and more
- Keith Richards shares two tracks from new solo album 'Crosseyed Heart'
- Mumford & Sons headline first night at Reading Festival, announce UK arena tour
- Review: Foals - 'What Went Down'
- The Fratellis, The Strypes debut inside Top 20 on UK Album Chart