Paul Weller and recently reformed Britpop band Cast are the latest casualties of the heavy snowfall currently affecting large parts of the UK.
Weller was due to play the Newcastle Arena tonight, but is apparently stuck in Sheffield as the north of England has seen snow downpours for much of the day. As a result, the former Jam frontman has made the decision to reschedule the show and hopes to announce new details later this week.
Elsewhere, Cast have also been forced to postpone their gig at Leeds’ O2 Academy, but have been able to unveil a new date, December 10th, when they will return to the city. All tickets for tonight’s original show will be valid for the new date.
The news follows Laura Marling‘s enforced cancellation of her Aberdeen show on Monday night (Nov 29th). With much of Britain appearing to be littered with stranded musicians, forecasters have predicted further snow across the UK overnight.
- The Maccabees add new gig to winter tour of the UK
- 'Stuck On You' latest video to preview Reverend & The Makers' new album 'Mirrors'
- Mumford & Sons expand UK and Ireland arena tour
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra reveal video for 'Can't Keep Checking My Phone'
- The Dead Weather share performance video of 'I Feel Love (Every Million Miles)'