After re-starting the Plastic Ono Band in New York earlier this year for a show that included the likes of Eric Clapton, Paul Simon and Bette Midler, Yoko Ono is now set to play two new dates in Los Angeles in October which will feature a new collection of special guests.
‘We Are Plastic Ono‘, due to appear at the Orpheum Theater in LA, will now comprise stars such as pop superstar Lady Gaga, Stooges legend Iggy Pop, Perry Farrell, Wilco’s Nels Cline, and Sonic Youth’s Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore.
Plastic Ono Band has a rich history of attracting highly-acclaimed artists to it’s line-up since being initiated in 1969, with The Who’s Keith Moon, Billy Preston and John Lennon’s former Beatles bandmates George Harrison and Ringo Starr all being involved in the project during it’s first run. In 1970, Lennon issued his debut solo album under the banner ‘John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band‘, which remains his most revered solo release.
Tickets for the shows are on sale now and full details of the complete line-up for the two dates can be found out Yoko’s Imagine Peace website.
- Noel Gallagher, Mumford & Sons, Royal Blood among UK's biggest selling albums of 2015 so far
- Catfish & The Bottlemen release Ewan McGregor's 'Hourglass' cover in full
- Morrissey announces September UK dates
- Arctic Monkeys win Best Live Act at 2015 Nordoff Robbins Silver Clef Awards
- Pulled Apart By Horses to headline Leeds Festival's Dance To The Radio stage