After re-starting the Plastic Ono Band in New York earlier this year for a show that included the likes of Eric Clapton, Paul Simon and Bette Midler, Yoko Ono is now set to play two new dates in Los Angeles in October which will feature a new collection of special guests.
‘We Are Plastic Ono‘, due to appear at the Orpheum Theater in LA, will now comprise stars such as pop superstar Lady Gaga, Stooges legend Iggy Pop, Perry Farrell, Wilco’s Nels Cline, and Sonic Youth’s Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore.
Plastic Ono Band has a rich history of attracting highly-acclaimed artists to it’s line-up since being initiated in 1969, with The Who’s Keith Moon, Billy Preston and John Lennon’s former Beatles bandmates George Harrison and Ringo Starr all being involved in the project during it’s first run. In 1970, Lennon issued his debut solo album under the banner ‘John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band‘, which remains his most revered solo release.
Tickets for the shows are on sale now and full details of the complete line-up for the two dates can be found out Yoko’s Imagine Peace website.
- James will headline Bingley Music Live in September
- Other Lives to support new album with North American tour
- Darlia announce May headline UK gigs after Wombats support
- Laura Marling 'questioned her future in music' after 'Once I Was An Eagle'
- David Gilmour to play European shows in support of new solo album