Apparently it wasn’t part of any planned stage acrobatics when Billy Corgan collapsed on stage during his show with the Smashing Pumpkins on Wednesday night. The group was in Tampa, Fla performing at the Ritz Ybor when the outspoken front man slumped backwards and fell into his guitar cabinet.
Corgan got up from the floor before taking a prize fighters 10 count and continued performing Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness’ “Bullet With Butterfly Wings” like nothing ever happened, Chart Attack reported.
After the collapse Billy apparently had no memory of the event at all. He let his fans know what had happened via his twitter account:
“… for those that saw me fall last night during Bullet, that wasn’t a stage move or clumsiness, that was me blacking out and wiping out,” he tweeted yesterday.
“I have no memory of falling against the drum riser and my guitar cabinet, but I can tell you I’ve got quite a good bruise + am moving slow.”
In the video posted on youtube below, Corgan can be seen leading the audience through a singalong as the scarey black out occurs.
Currently all Smashing Pumpkin Shows are still going ahead as planned:
July 23 Knoxville, TN @ Valarium
July 24 Pittsburgh, PA @ Mr. Smalls Theatre
July 26 New York, NY @ Terminal 5
- Song by The Fall deemed not suitable for Twilight soundtrack
- The Clash re-release five studio albums in 'boombox' package
- Placebo announce new album, European tour
- Queen's Brian May brands The Voice 'absolutely the most depressing programme on TV'
- Video: The National perform live on Late Show...with David Letterman