A deal has been made for Jimi Hendrix’s music to become the latest edition of the hugely successful ‘Rock Band‘ series, it was confirmed today.
As a deal with Harmonix, MTV Games and Experience Hendrix, Jimi’s entire back catalogue will be made available as downloadable content, beginning with the his second album, ‘Axis: Bold As Love‘, and single ‘Valleys Of Neptune‘ on March 30th.
Commenting on the deal, Janie Hendrix, Jimi’s stepsister and CEO of Experience Hendrix, said: “Much like Jimi’s music, we feel that Rock Band represents an amazing, innovative medium for music discovery and interaction that can have a profound affect on those who experience it. We are extremely pleased to be able to have Jimi Hendrix’s genius musical legacy continue to live on and touch people the world over through Rock Band.”
MTV Games‘ Paul DeGooyer also gave his thoughts to Rolling Stone: “Hendrix’s music is something that our fans and supporters have been clamoring for on the Rock Band platform,” he said. “The remasterings of the catalogue are really incredible and you can hear stuff for the first time in those recordings and we’re kind of the beneficiary of that.”
In conjuction with CD/DVD remastered versions of Hendrix’s first three studio albums, Rock Band is also set to release the posthumous album ‘First Rays Of The Rising Sun‘.
- Noel Gallagher, Mumford & Sons, Royal Blood among UK's biggest selling albums of 2015 so far
- Catfish & The Bottlemen release Ewan McGregor's 'Hourglass' cover in full
- Morrissey announces September UK dates
- Arctic Monkeys win Best Live Act at 2015 Nordoff Robbins Silver Clef Awards
- Pulled Apart By Horses to headline Leeds Festival's Dance To The Radio stage