Franz Ferdinand have begun work on their fourth album, frontman Alex Kapranos has confirmed.
Kapranos told BBC 6Music that he has been writing new material with guitarist Nick McCarthy: “I’ve been round at Nick’s and we’ve been writing some things, and trying to do things in a different way again,” he explained. “You’ll hear it before too long.”
Kapranos was however cagey about revealing too much about the make-up of the writing sessions at such an early stage: “Before the last record I talked far too much about it,” he said. “As we had the ideas and I made a vow that I wasn’t going to say anything about what we are actually doing until we’ve done it, and then wait about another three weeks.”
Franz Ferdinand released their third studio album ‘Tonight…Franz Ferdinand’ in January 2009 to generally positive reviews. The record debuted at #2 in the UK and #9 in the US charts.
The band are set to begin a tour of Australia at the end of this month, before hitting South America on 12th March.
- Dave Grohl 'cried like a baby' at Florence & The Machine's Glastonbury Foo Fighters cover
- The Fratellis release promo for new single ‘Baby Don’t You Lie To Me!’
- Stornoway to release 'Bonxie Unplucked' EP
- Liverpool Music Week confirms Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Best Coast for 2015
- The Cribs announce two October UK shows