Legendary bass player Mani says Scottish rockers Primal Scream have begun writing for their new album. The band have decided to slow down a bit and begin work on their new album following the extensive touring around the world.
“It’s just going to be a writing year for the Scream this year,” Mani told Clash Magazine. “We’ve been out on tour doing the Beautiful Future album for the last year and a half. Now it’s time to work on new tracks. I’m off down to London this very afternoon to do just that”
Mani added that the band are set to talk through new ideas in their own studio.
“We’ve got our own studio space where we just hang out with each other and throw a few ideas about basically. It’s as simple as that. We’re not working to any definite game plan, we just keep thrashing away until we find something we’re happy with.”
The band were a key part of the mid-1980s indie pop scene, but eventually took on more psychedelic and then garage rock influences, before incorporating dance music elements in to their sound. In 2008 the band made a strong return with their album ‘Beautiful Future‘, one of their most complete efforts to date.
- Kaiser Chiefs frontman Ricky Wilson to front new music quiz show
- Jason Lytle reveals Grandaddy are recording a new album
- Foals' Yannis Philippakis unimpressed with bands who resent touring
- Motorhead to return when Lemmy is 'properly rested' after more gig cancellations
- Tame Impala lead UK's first ever Prog Album Chart